Impact on UK businesses so far… Huntress is aware that there is a fair amount of uncertainty for employers surrounding the recent result of the Referendum, and we want to keep you up to date of any changes affecting the recruitment...Read more
Huntress Search Ltd (HSL) company registration number 4041477 and its associated brands operate as a recruitment business in the United Kingdom.
HSL has a phone system capable of recording conversations. Like many other organisations, this is a standard practice that allows the recording of calls for training, monitoring, security and compliance purposes.
Calls made or received by HSL and its associated brands may be recorded and will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy and retained for a maximum period of 24 months after which they will be deleted unless retained for the purposes specified in this policy.
This policy can be amended at any time.
Purpose of this policy
In order to maintain the highest of standards, HSL need to record telephone calls made or received and retain them for a period of time.
HSL shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation. This includes:
- The Data Protection Act 2018
- The General Data Protection Regulation 2018
- The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications Regulations) 2000
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000
- The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999
- The Human Rights Act 1998
Scope of policy
Some HSL’s calls made or received will be recorded. Under normal circumstances a call will not be retrieved, monitored or retained for longer than 24 months unless:
- It is necessary to investigate a complaint
- It is required to be used as evidence in a legal dispute
- there is a threat to the health and safety of staff or visitors or for the prevention or detection of crime
- it is necessary to check compliance with regulatory procedures
- it will aid standards in call handling through use in training and coaching our staff
- If it becomes clear that a communication is private, then the conversation will not be included in routine audit and reviews
- If the person making the call says that they do not wish to have their call recorded, the call will be ended and any recording deleted
Personal data collected in the course of recording activities will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with data protection law. It will be:
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- used for the purpose(s) stated in this policy only and not used for any other purposes
- accessible only to managerial staff as part of training and coaching process
- treated confidentially
- stored securely
- not kept for longer than necessary and will be securely destroyed once the issue(s) in question have been resolved
Hot topics in Employment Law 2021
Date: Thursday 22nd April, 2021 Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm Huntress is pleased to invite you to our first legal webinar of 2021, ‘Hot Topics in Employment Law,’ in partnership with employment law experts Burges Salmon...Read more